Hey guys, as you know Randall Stephens will be in KL on Sunday!
Lit Up KL will be launched in Malaysia on the 6th and 7th of August at KLPAC and MAP@ Publika in partnership with Blu Bricks as part of the Causeway EXchange Festival.
The Festival's general aims are to:
1. Invite established national and international writers and performers to inspire and share their skills and knowledge with local young and emerging writers and audiences
2. Make emerging writers the focus of a literary arts festival, by empowering them as writers, poets, performers, directors, actors, hosts, moderators and volunteers.
3. Increase the wider community's recognition of the creative skills, ideas, concerns and opinions of young emerging writers.
4. Enhance the training, publishing, and creative opportunities for young and emerging writers, performers and artists.
5. Provide a range of high-quality, diverse and rewarding experiences for both established and emerging writers, performers and artists that will develop and enhance their creative skills.
6. Create competitive platform for young people in the literary arts
Programme of Events -
Sat 6 Aug 2011 - KLPAC
Age: 16 and up
Dramalogue workshop with Ken Mizusawa - 4pm to 6pm
The City Limits - INSIDE THE CITY LIMITS NOTHING IS CONCRETE. THE CITY LIMITS IS A UNIQUE COLLABORATION BETWEEN 15 ARTISTS, FUSING POETRY, THEATRE, MUSIC, DANCE, FILM AND VISUAL ARTS.
JOIN US AS WE EXPLORE, CHALLENGE AND REWRITE THE BOUNDARIES OF OUR CITY - 8.30pm to 9.30pm
CROSS CAUSEWAY ExCHANGE POETRY SLAM - Malaysia goes head to head with the best bards from Singapore - 930pm to 1030pm
Sun 7 Aug 2011 - MAP@ Publika
Age: 10 to 16 years old
10am to 130pm
Poetry writing - Facilitated by Elaine Foster and Word Forward
Poetry performance - Facilitated by Elaine Foster and Word Forward
Play writing - Facilitated by Ken Mizusawa
Drama/Improv - Facilitated by Ken Mizusawa